Monday, July 27, 2009

Off the Beaten Track: A Blog not About Sports

Well, I faced the pain of back to school shopping yesterday, and while nothing great was picked out for me i did get a purple, black, and white tie. Also, a middle-aged gay guy measured me for a dress shirt. I know, I know, my life is more exciting than yours, but just to prove a point, I am saving my best bargain for later.

I also managed to get a t-shirt, some athletic shorts, khakis, and a polo. Along with this was some undershirts, and yes SILK boxers. It feels like your crotch is in heaven. But still, the best if yet to come.

After a quick browse through the school supplies section I came across the electronic area....are you ready?

I first walked past a DVD rack, and was thrilled to see the movie: 'Troy'. Now if you are not familiar with this movie (which would be ludicris), or prefer movies that showcase dinosaurs with rocket launchers, let me give you a synopsis of this movie. First of all, it has Brad Pitt, Orlando Bloom, and Eric Bana, and the ever hot Diane Kruger. It is a 2 and a half hour movie showcasing the Trojan War and is probably one of the most epic movies ever. Great acting, great action, great drama. Five dollars. The movie was bought faster than you can say "done".

Next I walked past a rack full of CD's of the great musician, Michael Jackson. All of his best albums. I don't need to explain what 'Thriller' has become, but it was only 10 dollars. I snatched it before anyone could.

So there you have it, one of the top 5 movies of all time, and the top album of all time are now in my house for $15 dollars. I know, I know, I'm a bargain shopper, but please hold your applause

No comments:

Post a Comment